Make It an Historic Event!
Getting married? Have you thought about booking the Old Southeast Church on Rt. 22? It’s conveniently located, but steeped in history. This quaint, white clapboard church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The oldest house of worship in Putnam County, it’s the perfect place to start your own history!
The organ is a Mason and Hamlin Reed Pump Organ built about 1875. The organ is listed in the Sears, Roebuck and Co. catalog as style No. 308. It contains three sets of reeds, with ten stops. Mr. Paul Townsend, late of Patterson, played the organ at its dedication in 1911. It was restored in the 1980’s by A & J Reed & Pipe Organ Company of Newburgh, NY.
- Listed in the National Register of Historic Places
- Oldest place of worship in Putnam County
- Beautiful, 2-story church with balcony and Doric columns
- Romantic and historic setting
- Built in 1794
- 19th century light fixtures
- Lovingly restored to its former glory
Call us for details about renting the church or the historic Walter Brewster House in downtown Brewster.